Pictures and Stories

This is a work in progress, The stories I have posted on here so far, are stories that Grandma told me when I video taped her. I have noticed I have lost some of the information and need to update some of the stories. I just need the time to re-watch the videos and translate them. When I redo them It will be word for word, My question followed my her answer. The format I have used so far is that I put a book together for her 90th Birthday. After watching the video again this last month, I'm thinking of changing it

If you have any stories, Pictures of Grandma, and Grandpa please pass them on. Also you can comment after each posting.

Also if you know all the people in the pictures, I wouldn't mind adding them also. I also still more photo to upload.

Thank You.
Kimberly (Laub) Thurston

Judith (Judy)

Judy (Judith)

    Who came next? Judy, where did I have Judy? Did I go to the hospital with her? I can’t remember if I went to the hospital with her. Oh Yes! I went to the hospital it was the 4th of July. That’s the first time I went to the hospital. Before we left Evan Waite and a bunch of them was fixing up the band wagon for the 4th of July. They had the band on there and they would go around playing for the 4th of July to each house, and I was always on the band wagon. As we went by he said, “Ethel are you going on this band wagon in the morning?” I say’s “I’m going to be on a band wagon, but it’s not gonna be that damn thing your rig eon up.” As I was going into St. George the Band wagon was going. I went right into the hospital and that when she was born. Only it was the 5th of July because the 4th fell on a Sunday and you didn’t celebrate on a Sunday so we celebrated on the 5th.  

    Judy cried so much when she was in the Hospital, and they kept blaming me because she was crying. They said I was eating something to upset her and I said, “I’m not eating anything except what you’re feeding me. And then when I got home the next morning I went to bath her. Right on her neck she had a great big black corn buckle. No wonder she cried all the time. I wonder if they ever gave her a bath to see what was wrong with her. There was no head on it. It was just as black as it could be. That what made her cry, it hurt so bad, I knew it did, so Kenneth was going to take me up to the Doctor with her the next day. So that night I tried something before we were to go. I put potose (grease that they grease the wheels on a car)   on that night and the next morning it was broke so we didn’t have to go.

    When I went back for a check up, don’t you think they heard it from me. Blame it all onto me; I say it’s a wonder if you even gave her a bath in the hospital, you sure in hell would have found it.

No comments: