Pictures and Stories

This is a work in progress, The stories I have posted on here so far, are stories that Grandma told me when I video taped her. I have noticed I have lost some of the information and need to update some of the stories. I just need the time to re-watch the videos and translate them. When I redo them It will be word for word, My question followed my her answer. The format I have used so far is that I put a book together for her 90th Birthday. After watching the video again this last month, I'm thinking of changing it

If you have any stories, Pictures of Grandma, and Grandpa please pass them on. Also you can comment after each posting.

Also if you know all the people in the pictures, I wouldn't mind adding them also. I also still more photo to upload.

Thank You.
Kimberly (Laub) Thurston

Dutch's Boat and Fire

Dutch built a boat down in the basement. We only had one light down in the basement. He went to move that boat or something, anyway the boat fell and split. He was working out on the highway and some of the guys told him how to fix that, so he put it on saw horses and done what they told him to do and then he painted it with what they told him to paint it with.   Bunker and Alma Hunt came and were ready to go to work. Dutch says, I want you to come down into the basement and see my boat all fixed, it’s all done and painted and everything, it’s just got to dry, of course he had that sitting on saw horses and he couldn’t see where that was from the light so he struck a match to hold up and it went up like a bomb just like that. The stuff he painted it with had Banana oil in it and it just blew the whole damn thing.   They came up out that basement and when they came up legs where flying and hollering fire. In no time at all I had the kids in the car and up the street. I told them to stay in the car till I come after you and don’t you get out.   I went back and I got everything in the house except my stove.  It was gas and I didn’t dare. Even my big piano, I got that out and it took 6 men to put it back in.  That was about the end of the store. It about ruined everything that was in there. I told him as far as I can see we have the store and ya still have to go out and find a job. Might as well forget the store and let the job do it. So that’s what we done.
 

No comments: