Pictures and Stories

This is a work in progress, The stories I have posted on here so far, are stories that Grandma told me when I video taped her. I have noticed I have lost some of the information and need to update some of the stories. I just need the time to re-watch the videos and translate them. When I redo them It will be word for word, My question followed my her answer. The format I have used so far is that I put a book together for her 90th Birthday. After watching the video again this last month, I'm thinking of changing it

If you have any stories, Pictures of Grandma, and Grandpa please pass them on. Also you can comment after each posting.

Also if you know all the people in the pictures, I wouldn't mind adding them also. I also still more photo to upload.

Thank You.
Kimberly (Laub) Thurston

Ethel's School Days

School Days


We went to school on a 6 6 plan. Grade school in Bunkerville and when you got to the 6th grade you go to Mesquite. We would ride the school bus to Mesquite. They didn’t pick you up you had to be down at the school house to get a ride.

I didn’t like school. I never did like school. I guess I went because I had too. I didn’t graduate I went to work for my brother in-law in the store Valley Supply. For a full days of work  I would earn $1.00 and it would help the family out after my father died.


What was I a sophomore or Junior?

So I didn’t graduate but, I had favorite subjects. I liked PE and Home Ec. And I didn’t mind History. I wasn’t to good at English. Art Uncle Ralph was my teacher. When I finished painting a picture I would take it up to him and he would scrunch his eyes up and say that’s pretty good for a scrub.




I didn’t sew anything until I was in Home Ec. We had to make our home ec dress and when we got them made then we had to wear them. I thought they were all nice. Everyone of us was dressed alike when we went in to Home Ec. to cook or what not we had to wear our dresses.
They were blue. It was just like a wrap around they were nice.

As part of the PE program we would play baseball. I didn’t just play with the girls Oh Blake was coaching the boys and he always had me come pitch for the boys.

No comments: