Pictures and Stories

This is a work in progress, The stories I have posted on here so far, are stories that Grandma told me when I video taped her. I have noticed I have lost some of the information and need to update some of the stories. I just need the time to re-watch the videos and translate them. When I redo them It will be word for word, My question followed my her answer. The format I have used so far is that I put a book together for her 90th Birthday. After watching the video again this last month, I'm thinking of changing it

If you have any stories, Pictures of Grandma, and Grandpa please pass them on. Also you can comment after each posting.

Also if you know all the people in the pictures, I wouldn't mind adding them also. I also still more photo to upload.

Thank You.
Kimberly (Laub) Thurston

Ethel's Love for Horses

Ethel Loved to Ride Horses
Ethel and Old Dixie
My main hobby was riding a horse. I had my own horse, his name was Old Dixie. I had him most of my childhood. I had him until after my dad died of ruptured appendix.
Ethel and her cousin Vaughn Leavitt

 I don’t know what happened to it. I don’t know if it just got too old or what but I rode it a long time. Of course when my mother married Mr. Adams that might be when they got rid of it.

Ethel and Old Dixie

I went with Brother Adams and Danks and them and went and gathered cattle once or twice, we were gone all day up to the mountains.

Ethel in her riding pants

One day I wore my riding pants to work at the store, and a school teacher came in and said he thought I looked mighty fine.

 


Lillie Mae and Ethel in front of the store

No comments: