Pictures and Stories

This is a work in progress, The stories I have posted on here so far, are stories that Grandma told me when I video taped her. I have noticed I have lost some of the information and need to update some of the stories. I just need the time to re-watch the videos and translate them. When I redo them It will be word for word, My question followed my her answer. The format I have used so far is that I put a book together for her 90th Birthday. After watching the video again this last month, I'm thinking of changing it

If you have any stories, Pictures of Grandma, and Grandpa please pass them on. Also you can comment after each posting.

Also if you know all the people in the pictures, I wouldn't mind adding them also. I also still more photo to upload.

Thank You.
Kimberly (Laub) Thurston

Grandma and Grandpa's



Myrna, Ethel (grandma) Dannie

Isn't she beautiful! Not sure what's going on with Dannie's outfit, for one he is too skinny, and I think he invented the fashion for today's bowling shoes. LOL!


When I look at these pictures, I see this wonderful yard that I play so many childhood games with all my cousins.


Grandma and Grandpa's house was always fun, with lots to do. You always felt welcomed! There are so many stories that happen here, and I would love to hear some stories from others. Email me and I will post it here, or leave it in the comment: What are your memories?

One of my favorite things in Grandma and Grandpa's yard was the lawn swing. I remember it made of a Big metal A frame and a seat that would hold lots of kids, (probably 3 adults)I spent many hours, laying on it under the big tree's that grew in the yard, and right next to it was a tap that always seemed to have a drip into a bucket the laid under it with some type of fish, I think bait for Grandpa to go fishing.

I struggled with my speech growing and still continue today, Everyone would ask me to say certain word and they would get quite a laugh out of it. But I remember one very long day, Allison and I hanging out on the lawn swing, with her trying to teach me how to say Las Vegas, because I said it as Las Begas. She worked with me over and over again. I remember laying on the swing, climbing of the swing, hanging from the swing, saying Las Begas, Las Begas, over and over again. I'll never forget how excited I was when I could finally say it correctly.

Kimberly Thurston

1 comment:

Kimberly Thurston said...

One of my favorite things in Grandma and Grandpa's yard was the lawn swing. I remember it made of a Big metal A frame and a seat that would hold lots of kids, (probably 3 adults)I spent many hours, laying on it under the big tree's that grew in the yard, and right next to it was a tap that always seemed to have a drip into a bucket the laid under it with some type of fish, I think bait for Grandpa to go fishing.

I struggled with my speech growing and still continue today,Everyone would ask me to say certain word and they would get quite a laugh out of it. But I remember one very long day, Allison and I hanging out on the lawn swing, with her trying to teach me how to say Las Vegas, because I said it as Las Begas. She worked with me over and over again. I remember laying on the swing, climbing of the swing, hanging from the swing, saying Las Begas, Las Begas, over and over again. I'll never forget how excited I was when I could finally say it correctly.