Pictures and Stories

This is a work in progress, The stories I have posted on here so far, are stories that Grandma told me when I video taped her. I have noticed I have lost some of the information and need to update some of the stories. I just need the time to re-watch the videos and translate them. When I redo them It will be word for word, My question followed my her answer. The format I have used so far is that I put a book together for her 90th Birthday. After watching the video again this last month, I'm thinking of changing it

If you have any stories, Pictures of Grandma, and Grandpa please pass them on. Also you can comment after each posting.

Also if you know all the people in the pictures, I wouldn't mind adding them also. I also still more photo to upload.

Thank You.
Kimberly (Laub) Thurston

Ethel's Childhood Chores

Chores
Ethel and her dog Kyz
We all chores and I was the biggest tom boy of all of them. I think that was the reason I had more out in the field jobs. Because I was the biggest tomboy I think the rest of them had there turn at herding cows. They might have had to trump hay about as much as I did, buy there was a lot of things I had to do that they didn’t. Milking cows was one of them. Elsie wasn’t about to learn how to milk a cow and I know Amy never learned how. I can’t remember if Eleanor did or not, but I know I did and it wasn’t just one either.

My dad had a big farm, but after he died then the boys Albert and Randy took it over. The biggest part of the farm was  alfalfa  and then further up we had an orchard and  a vineyard. He had a big grape patch we had peaches, one apple tree, figs, apricots I don’t remember any pear trees.
But we would grow these thing and then bottle them for our food.

No comments: